Two First Names is an enjoyable stand-up comedy album, download or CD by Tracey Ashley.
The material is autobiographical and just somewhat explicit with the occasional swear and adult word. Ashley does not reinvent anything but she is very likeable and this makes her stories enjoyable and funny.
The heart of this set is the comedian being in a mixed race relationship. This is where she gets just a little biting with her story about meeting her husband’s work colleagues for the first time. Otherwise, the CD is observational material. The bit about using the word titties to get out of trouble is really funny.
Tracey Ashley is excellent at making some of her more serious points sound as innocuous as her lightweight material, making her ideas that much stronger.
This is a good release but I get the sneaking suspicion Ashley is pulling some of her punches. I’d like to see her go all out next time.
Check out our Stand Up! Records page for more comics you want to know about.
Two First Names
Stand-up Comedy download and CD
Stand Up! Records 2013
- 69If you enjoy relationship comedy albums, you are well served with @trentoncomedy by Trenton Davis. Davis hits all the style’s targets with stories about his wife and child and the difficulties of being in a couple. Trenton Davis’ material is above the usual fare. That in itself is refreshing. This…
- 68a decent recording that will not stand the test of time
- 66The best Lewis Black CD so far and a classic already
- 65recorded in 1990 and maybe funny 21 years ago
- 65an almost excellent 2 CD set of stand-up comedy by Lewis Black