If only for the closing comedy bit Ode to John about a BDSM experience where Cherith Fuller is forced to listen to Donald Trump speeches, Cool, Chill Girl is a stand-up comedy download well worth buying
The rest of Cool, Chill Girl is also quite enjoyable but it is the closing routine that makes this explicit comedy album stand out.
Cherith Fuller is a very autobiographical comic whose material centers around her sexual experiences. Normally, such material is of limited interest and a lot of it on the same comedy album would wear down the listener’s patience, especially mine. Normally is the key word here.
Fuller is a very likeable comic whose conversational, non-agressive style makes you want to listen to what she has to say. The writing, such as in Home Depot Hunk. shows Fuller does not go for the easy joke and instead chooses something much more interesting and funny.
Perhaps the best audience for Cool, Chill Girl by Cherith Fuller is a single woman with a healthy libido as this is basically what this comedy download album is really all about. On the other hand, anybody who enjoys smart, well-written and told comic material will enjoy this MP3 album.
I really look forward to more from Cherith Fuller. I would not hesitate at all to catch her live if the occasion came up.
Cool, Chill Girl
Stand-up comedy download
Jabroni Records 2020
- 56touching, poignant, brilliant, intelligent, wise, and amazing
- 55If you enjoy relationship comedy albums, you are well served with @trentoncomedy by Trenton Davis. Davis hits all the style’s targets with stories about his wife and child and the difficulties of being in a couple. Trenton Davis’ material is above the usual fare. That in itself is refreshing. This…
- 54This Carlin CD is just Bitching and Moaning By An Old Fart.
- 52Brian Stollery’s 2023 stand-up comedy album He / he is excellent and original until you get to the last track. Stollery is a smart comic who immediately engages his audience with a fun bit about having a smart car, the smart coming from his wife even if it doesn’t always…
- 52A Collection of My Favorite Lies is an entertaining 60-minute show by Paul Ogata. there is something for everyone in the show. Paul Ogata opens with the observation we all lie which segues nicely into b.s. job titles like mixologist and b.s. jobs like life coach. His Ebola jokes tied…