Matt Ward’s Glamorous features both stand-up comedy and funny songs. Overall, this is a pretty decent stand-up comedy CD.
Ward opens promising he will not do hack material about airplane food and so on but instead talk about porn, drugs, moonshine, and society and he delivers. Matt Ward has good material but the audience doesn’t quite go along for the entire ride and this seems to destabilize him. That he breaks rhythm a couple of times does not help. MP3 at Amazon
Conspiracy Theories is a smart, original bit. Although more could have been done with Weed Snobs (a pot version of people who wax on the attributes of a wine), it too is solid. A personal favorite is Stop Rewarding Failure.
I am little put off by the rather frequent and pointless fuck and fucking and more so by Matt Ward’s use of “is what I am saying” or “is what I am trying to say”
Glamorous ends with four funny songs. I am not a fan of the genre but it is clear these are good comic tunes. My favorite is I Wish You Would Die.
Stand-up Comedy CD
Super Cat Productions 2011
- 85The humor in the songs on Big-Ass Comedy Box is subtle and all in the lyrics
- 85he's good and those are catchy tunes.
- 85Hey, it's a funny song CD relaxing and entertaining as all get out.
- 81I doubt these are the original Alvin and the Chipmunks but they do great funny songs
- 80Funny, cutting, quick as a whip Kacey Jones clearly has a close rapport with her audience