There is a lot to like on Some Kind of Comedian, Danny Lobell’s stand-up comedy MP3 or CD.
In fact, there is a hell of a lot to like. Lobell has a wide range both in terms of topics and voices and accents. This is also the reason why it took so long for this review to get posted: it is hard to figure out what kind of comic Danny Lobell is aside from very funny.
He opens with a very lame bit about a diabetic stripper eating her way out of a cake and uses a Cherman akzent for a bit about Meinsweepa but also asks why are there restaurants and souvenir shops at a holocaust museum (I wonder if they sell temporary tattoos….) and speculates about the first 9/11 twin mattress sale.
Perhaps Lobell’s forte is also his weak point. Though this is a very enjoyable comedy CD, a bit more focus and unity would probably make for a better overall experience.
Some Kind of Comedian
Stand-up Comedy download or CD
Stand Up! Records 2013
Check out our Stand Up! Records page for lots of great comedy releases
- 92There is no way you are not going to looooove The Nicest Boy in Barcelona and comic Danny Lobell.
- 79Major label re-release of smart comedy CD
- 73Big, Small Town Kid by Icelandic stand-up comic Arnor Dadi is a fun, original stand-up comedy download. Unlike many mostly biographical comics, Dadi covers a lot of different comedic ground during his show. This keeps things fresh and interesting throughout. Dadi opens a bit traditionally with a bit on Tinder.…
- 70an excellent set by a great up-and-coming comedian
- 68Some days this is a funny comedy CD, some days it is not. Go figure.