Eat Here and Get Gas is a very good stand-up comedy CD.
Jim David is an energetic, funny, adult oriented, by the way gay comic who channels the spirit of Paul Lynde and sometimes echoes a calmer Rip Taylor. The variety of comedic topics and the elegance with which he changes topics is quite impressive.
The CD opens with a bit on ugly people, a special Oprah supposedly did on the topic, and other trash TV shows. The second routine on Eat Here and Get Gaz is a pee your pants funny bit about Queen Elizabeth giving a tour of her … most private chamber. The lesbians in Cape Cod bit is also very good.
My favorite bit here is the comic take on the Calvin Klein perfume commercials.
A lot of Jim David’s routines are on the short side and very good. I find him at his best in longer, connected routines such as Champagne Virgins, Trash de Blanc, I’ll Have the Breast. Then again, I have a preference for the long form to start with,
As a stand-up comic, Jim David is a bit of a chameleon and this ability to bring up different characters adds a lot to the humor on this CD. This is especially obvious in Those Wacky Brits which includes a most original and absurd David Attenborough impersonation.
This stand-up comedy CD and closes strong with Good Evening, Ladies and Gentlemen
This is another solid release from Stand Up! Records.
Eat Here and Get Gas
Stand Up Comedy CD
Stand Up! Records 2007
- 94Good comic with an old school rhythm.
- 81Gay Jokes For Straight Cruisers is an absolute blast of a stand-up comedy download. Jim David has a lot of fun with a very willing audience aboard some cruise ship and the listener benefits from that evening. If you thought cruise ship stand-up comedy was nice, vanilla material think again.…
- 80Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant. The last 22 minutes are the best I have heard in a long while.
- 79Overall, a very solid performance.
- 79Good comedy CD with some excellent bits especially one on bowling.